Moving can be an overwhelming experience. However, there are things you can do to make it exciting and enjoyable for you and your entire family. You need to prepare several things for your new home and that includes making sure you have the right furniture. So, provided below is a checklist and a few tips to make your entire moving experience easy and fun.
What Are The Moving Essentials You Need When You Move Out
Bed – do not just place a mattress on your floor. A lot of people make the mistake of tipping their memory foam mattress up when their carpet was being cleaned and put them down even when they are not yet completely dry. After several months, the bottom of the mattress is covered with mold. So, please never put your mattress on the floor. Allow it to breathe. This is also applicable to hardwood floors.
Nightstand – If you do not want to get out of bed to switch off the light, be sure to get a nightstand that is large enough to hold your lamp, books, alarm clock, and even a drink. If you are a workaholic, it should also be able to hold your laptop. If you don’t, you always have the option to simply drop your stuff on the floor and increase your risk of tripping over it in the morning. It’s your choice.
A place where you can put your clothes – whether it is a hanging shelf, closet, dress, bins, or an old cherry wood armoire, you should have someplace where you can keep your clothes.
Laundry basket – you need to have one, if just for transportation.
Mirror – This is to ensure that you are just as beautiful as you think you are. A mirror that is mounted on the door has a tendency to become warped and distort your image. Also, since you will be moving the door all the time, it is more likely to fall compared to one secured to the wall.
Something you can sit on– this could be an inflatable chair, sofa, couch, or beanbag. You have lots of options when it comes to Myrtle Beach furniture. Keep in mind that you can always get a slipcover to provide your couch an attractive phase.
Side tables or coffee tables– as refined as we think we are, we usually eat in our living rooms and in front of the TV, which means it is helpful to have a place where you can put your cheese puffs and your beer – or your brie cheese and Chardonnay on. Think of something that has drawers where you can store your remote control and your magazines.
Something where you can place your TV – whether it is a customized entertainment center, an old desk, a cheap TV stand, or anything where you can place your TV securely. You should also consider having media storage where you can store your DVDs.
Lighting– whether they are ceiling lights, table lamps, floor lamps, or something similar, you should evaluate what your place requires and be very sure that it is well lit.
Dining tables and chairs- you can get second-hand dining tables and chairs in case you don’t want to buy new dining room furniture or you just don’t have the budget for it.
Desk and chair – These are optional. You can use it to keep your mail organized, for your laptop, and the like. You can find several ones at Furniture & Mattresses.
Heater or fan– you must check out if your apartment has central heat or AC. If not then you either need to get a fan, and AC unit, or a small heater.
Something to cover your window– you need to check if your apartment supplies shades or window blinds. If it does not, buy some ahead of time. Of course, don’t forget to measure your windows ahead of time or you can use a sheet and temporarily hang it on your windows.
Home Décor You Need To Consider
Provided below are some other pieces you should consider purchasing. Remember that these are all optional.
- Entry table, entry hooks, coat racks for your jackets and keys
- Hanging shelves for your media, books, and anything else you would like to display
- Rugs to help make your home look more colorful and cozier
- Artwork or accessories that you can use to decorate
- Curtains to keep your home warm
- Microwave cart or buffet in case you need more storage space or more countertop
- Candles to keep your place smelling nice
Tips To Make Your Moving Day Easier
- Ask around for free boxes from your local grocery stores, neighbors or friends instead of buying new empty boxes.
- Label your boxes according to the room where they should be placed. You can use different colored markers to write the labels.
- Pack everything you need during the first few nights in a separate box. You don’t want to dig around all your boxes looking for your toothbrush.
- You should also set up utilities in advance if you can. This will help you have water and electricity during your first night. You might also be required to book an installation for your internet.
- If you are doing a DIY move, you can ask your family members or friends to help you out. In exchange, you can offer to buy them dinner.
- If you are purchasing furniture in advance, do not forget to measure the doorways at your new home to make sure that they fit perfectly.
- If you are renting an apartment, take photos of your new place before you move in. You need to document everything that is damaged or broken as part of your move-in condition report.
- Keep yourself on track by creating a to-do list.
Call Furniture & Mattresses if you are looking for new mattresses, bedroom furniture, living room furniture, or dining room furniture for your new home.
Furniture & Mattresses
1008 Highway 17 North
Little River, SC 29566
Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach, Conway, Carolina Forest, Forestbrook, Little River, Longs, Loris, North Myrtle Beach, Cherry Grove, Shallotte NC, Brunswick County, Horry County