Buying furniture to have a nice, comfortable home is in itself a luxury and the last thing people want is to get ripped off of their chosen piece. This goes especially to those who are on a tight budget.
Reading this article would somehow teach people on to the most common ploys done when it comes to furniture buying.
Furniture Buying Tricks
- One of the oldest tricks is the “I-Made-A-Mistake-Adding” maneuver. Making bulk purchases such as the ensemble of furniture is one example. The salesperson will give a quotation as to how much the set would cost and would deliberately make a mistake. When they see customers get overwhelmed, they would point out that itis hundred bucks lower, customers would think they actually saved. It may sound old, but it works.
- A lot of stores are guilty of this act. A scheme called “Bait and Switch”. Customers are reeled into the store by an ad that promotes items at a low price but sadly, is unavailable. Next would be to push customers to buy the higher-priced piece. If these people insist on buying the one on the bargain, they’ll be put off by the salesperson. This is the management’s plan and is to blame. There are other stores who will sell the preferred piece and is best to steer clear of that store.
- A variant of “Bait and Switch”, the Low-Ball” trick, usually happens in phone-shopping. The salesperson will give the low price and after reeling customers into the store, the preferred items are unavailable. A truckload of apologies will be given for the apparent mistake they made and will offer nicer materials. Notice this trap and never fall for it.
- Some salesperson prior to closing the deal will request customers to sign a “paperwork”. People turn away from contract-signing, hence changing the name “contract” to “paperwork”. This will bind them legally to buy products that are unwanted. A good advice is to read carefully and know the contract law.
- Pulling up a “this-is-the-last-one” tactic gives much pressure to buyers. Informing customers that the piece they are eyeing on is also being eyed by another buyer. Evoking fear is the key to their sales and it is not a good thing.
- The “limited-time” scheme evokes urgency to buy something and eliminates buyer’s rights to actually wait and think things over.
- Salesperson having difficulty may turn over buyers to a higher management to give them better deals but actually adds up to the pressure of having to purchase.
It is, of course, important to buy furniture that is easy on the pocket. Buyers must be wise or else so that they can purchase items that they well deserve.
For affordable but high-quality furniture, you can always go to the Furniture & Mattresses warehouse or visit their website.
Furniture & Mattresses
1008 Highway 17 North
Little River, SC 29566
Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach, Conway, Carolina Forest, Forestbrook, Little River, Longs, Loris, North Myrtle Beach, Cherry Grove, Shallotte NC, Brunswick County, Horry County