Many people wonder what exactly is the distinction between accent and occasional furniture. Some people are unclear of this, but does it really matter if you choose accent or occasional furniture? Sometimes no, but it can be useful when you are trying to look for a brand new furniture for your home. To make things clearer, both terms can be clearly defined according to features and function.
What is Accent Furniture?
Both can have the same meaning, but the interpretation of these terms have to initially be understood. The term ‘accent’ is easier to understand, it is like an accent in language, furniture of this kind must stress a specific design, such as a statuary of the jackal-headed god Anubis in an Egyptian-themed space – a home accent is not always a furniture.
- This type of furniture is utilized to include personality to an area or to stress a style – such as the Anubis sculpture stated previously. A chess table used for design is an accent furniture and so is an ornamental little round table with a flower vase or a reed diffuser.
- An accent item is typically smaller in dimension compared to the primary furniture in an area, and it has little use aside from a design or “accent” piece.
- You could make use of accent furniture to match the attractive design of an area and these type of furniture pieces are mostly found in living spaces, dining rooms, bedrooms as well as corridors.
- It is uncommon in a cooking area because most kitchen area furniture is useful although huge shower rooms could be improved by accent furniture pieces.
What is Occasional Furniture?
There are different interpretations for this sort of furniture, the first one is furniture that is used ‘ in an event,’ and the other one is furniture that is used “occasionally.” End tables and coffee tables are instances of occasional furniture.
- Each of these interpretations is so wide that they can virtually be claimed to be the same. The coffee table is an example of furniture that is used “on an event,” usually during coffee drinking or other beverages. The same meaning holds true for furniture in a lounge used only when visitors arrive.
- The second meaning (occasionally) is used for the exact furniture but adding rockers, especially the old-style hickory rockers that you could use periodically when you feel like it. Honestly, meanings are unnecessary when individuals understand just what an occasional furniture really is.
- It is not a couch or elbow-chair, and also not a table or a bed. Essentially, occasional furniture consists of the small items that support the main pieces of furniture in a room. The tables discussed above are two instances and so are various other useful items such as the lift chair that is used only when a senior family member visits, night tables as well as footrests.
- Occasional furniture is totally practical as well as previously owned on a regular basis, such as footrests utilized with recliner chairs and also coffee tables that remain in everyday usage. The terms are provided, not to specify the items, however, to develop an area that divides such smaller sized products from the bigger types of furniture and used to differentiate the items, such as the fashion jewelry cupboard from the cabinet and the couch from the end table.
You may have a different interpretation of each type of furniture mentioned above, the most important thing when choosing a specific furniture is value for money and its function.
Be sure to get both value and function when you visit the Furniture & Mattresses Warehouse in Little River.
Furniture & Mattresses
1008 Highway 17 North
Little River, SC 29566
Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach, Conway, Carolina Forest, Forestbrook, Little River, Longs, Loris, North Myrtle Beach, Cherry Grove, Shallotte NC, Brunswick County, Horry County